PRACTICEWorkshop Proposals and Submission
Submission is now closed for WDSC 2018
Thank you to all who submitted. Notification will be on 5th March.
Do you and/or your team do good work with people with Down’s syndrome? Does your work give great results and benefits for people with Down’s syndrome? Do you think it could be replicated by others?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, we’d like you to run a workshop about it!
Our international audience of people with Down’s syndrome, parents, carers, practitioners and medics want to hear about effective work in other countries, so they can take back ideas to their own.
If your work is targeted at people with learning disabilities and includes several people with Down’s syndrome, we’d still like to hear from you.
You can work in any discipline ie. sport, youth work, education, health etc, just click the button below to complete a proposal form.
We are particularly keen to hear about practice that helps to ensure inclusion for people with Down’s syndrome into society.
Deadline to submit: 12 January 2018 at 23:59. (Closed)
Notification following review: 05 March 2018
Deadline to register: 29th March 2018
Submission is closed for WDSC 2018.
The proposal submission process for WDSC 2018 will be through an online submission form.
The workshop presenter is requested to ubmit a proposal for review according to the guidelines set out below.
The submission must be made in full. If you need to edit your submission please contact us, please do not submit the same submission twice. If you are submitting more than one submission, please complete a new form. For all queries please contact email@example.com
Workshops will be allocated a 30-minute slot in the programme; 20 minutes presentation with 10 minutes for questions. (Timings are subject to the quantity of proposals selected for presentation and therefore may change).
All presenters are expected to register as delegates and pay the appropriate rate. Registration is now open and Early Bird rates expire on 29th March 2018.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The workshop presenter must submit the proposal and is required to be the corresponding contact for the proposal
- Proposals must be submitted in English
Registration of accepted workshop presenter
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting a proposal however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 29th March 2018.
If you have an accepted proposal you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until the 29th March 2018. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing conference registration fee at time of registration/payment.
Please adhere to the guidelines when preparing your proposal for WDSC 2018. Proposals which have not provided all the information requested will not be reviewed.
How to submit a proposal
The workshop presenter will be the contact person for the proposal and must submit the proposal. The submission must be made in full. If you need to edit your submission please contact us, please do not submit the same submission twice. If you are submitting more than one submission, please complete a new form. For all queries please contact email@example.com
Upon successful submission of the proposal a confirmation email will be sent to the workshop presenter.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online proposal form is a simple step by step form that asks you to input the following details:
- Which of these areas will your workshop be about?
- Education, Health, Social Work/Services, Social Care, Childcare, Youth Work, Sport, Human Services, Other (please specify)
- Title of your workshop
- What are the key points you expect attendees of your proposed workshop to take away with them?
- What percentage % of the people you work with have Down’s Syndrome?
- We would like to know if you expect a minimum or maximum number of attendees at your workshop so that we can allocate you to an appropriate size room. If you do, please tell us the minimum and the maximum number.
- Who is your intended audience? You may choose more than one option
- Childcare workers, Educators, Healthcare/Medics, Social carers, Social Workers/Service Providers, Sport leaders, Youth worker, Other (please specify in the box provided)
- If you have co-submitters please list their names
Available Audio Visual Technology
Each room comes complete with a screen, data projector, laptop with sound, built in CD player and memory stick slot; there will also be a lectern with a built-in microphone. In larger suites, there will also be a top table with microphones, plus a roving microphone. Wi-Fi will be available in all rooms. Technical support will be provided by the venue.
Notification of Acceptance
Notification will be sent to the workshop presenter/contact person on 16 February 2018.
When notified of acceptance, the workshop presenter is required to accept their offer by registering for the Conference by 29th March 2018. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their proposal from the programme
Terms and Conditions:
- The proposal submitted adheres to the proposal guidelines outlines above.
- If the proposal is accepted, the text of the proposal along with the names and affiliations, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website, programme, book of proceedings, and publications of Down Syndrome International and Down’s Syndrome Scotland and/or organisations affiliated to them, that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This proposal has only been submitted once for WDSC 2018.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming into another room in the venue (if required). A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference. Please contact email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding this.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the proposal. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by 29th March 2018 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The proposal submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 25 – 27 July 2018
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the WDSC 2018 Programme Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Register Now for the World Down's Syndrome Congress.
Can you afford to miss it?
Early Bird Registration Deadline 30th April 2018